DAEC Emergency – EOC Checklist
Date: ________________These items are to serve as reminders of possible actions. Not all items need to be accomplished for every event.
Upon Arrival at the EOC
- Check in through Security
- Obtain a Dosimeter Kit and complete the Dosimeter Form
- List Name of Primary Amateur Radio Liaison on the White Board
- Obtain the 3-ring binder marked “Amateur Radio” and complete its checklist
- Establish Initial Contact
- Establish contact with the State EOC (KC0EEC 3990.5/7250 kHz)
- Establish a formal net on 146.745- MHz, call for initial Check-ins
- Establish contact with the Benton County EOC (145.390 MHz)
Periodic Information Updates
- Issue status updates as necessary (request acknowledgement).
- Limit information to that contained in public press releases unless it is critical to the safety of mobiles or portable stations.
- Recruit mobile stations to report to the EOC (tennis court entrance) to deliver dosimeters. Recruit from the following sources, as necessary.
- Available Check-ins on 146.745
- Track successful delivery to each destination, using the Emergency Net Log
- Remind mobiles to read their personal dosimeters every 30 minutes.
If Evacuation is Possible, Designate Liaisons with:
- Jones County – 145.390- no tone Callsign:_________________
- Benton County – 145.230- 141.3Hz Callsign:_________________
- Johnson County – 145.270- 192.8Hz Callsign:_________________
- Buchanan County – 145.330- 103.5Hz Callsign:_________________
- If required, advise mobiles to report to the designated decontamination station